Moving into a new place, or sprucing up your current one, means channeling your inner interior designer. Whether you’re looking for some design inspo or simply need to know where to purchase reasonably-priced shelves, here are 10 websites that can help you furnish your apartment.
Where to look for inspiration….
- Apartment Therapy is a lifestyle and interior design community full of design lessons, DIY how-tos, shopping guides, and expert advice for creating your perfect home. Check out the home tours (they even have a section for studio apartments and another for apartments in general), organizing and storage hacks, and before and after photos if you find yourself needing a little bit of inspiration.
- From cooking tips and techniques to home organization, Real Simple provides simple fixes for everyday challenges. Check out the “home” section of their website for decorating, organizing, home improvement, and cleaning help. They even have gardening suggestions if you’re looking to become a plant parent after settling into your new apartment.
- MyDomaine is a site dedicated to making it fun—and affordable—to decorate your home. Browse their stories for room-specific information (entryway, living room, kitchen, etc.), design trends, and organization tips. The editors also share their favorite home decor stores and roundups of products like light fixtures, rugs, and more.
- If you just moved in and don’t even know where to begin when it comes to decorating your apartment, Pinterest is a good place to start. Search for small space storage ideas or cozy bedroom decor and fill a board with decor inspiration before working on your own home.
- Once you’re settled into your new place—or if you need to do a bit of handy work in your current one—you should check out The Spruce. In addition to plenty of decor content, this site has an entire section devoted to home repair so you can fix just about anything (or at least try to!).
Where to shop for your new apartment…
- Amazon is your one-stop-shop for furnishing, cleaning, or decorating your apartment. Need some shelves for your living room? Check. Hoping to order paper towels in bulk? Check. Want to order a reasonably priced mattress? Don’t worry, Amazon’s got you covered.
- You can pick upall the basics like towels, sheets, bath mats, and kitchen suppliesduring a quick trip to Target in between unpacking. They also have a wide selection of throw pillows and inexpensive decorations.
- Did you know H&M has an affordable home line? H&M Home has everything from cute bedding and storage supplies to kitchen must-haves, candles, and more.
- Although Dormify is a site for dorm room decor, it’s also a good resource for apartment living—especially if you’re living in a studio! Shop for bedding, rugs, and cute accent pieces like neon signs and candles.
- The home section on T.J.Maxx’s website is a gold mine for inexpensive home decor pieces. You can order discounted throw pillows, fake plants, and more.